Healthy Girl: Transforming your life one recipe at a time…deliciously!
I may be a healthy chef but I also LOVE to indulge. Getting together with a group of friends over amazing food – to me there is nothing better. A girl’s night out a few months ago found me at the fabulous John Howie Steak indulging in a myriad of the delicious, rich, indulgent delectable’s they offer. My favorite dish was the deviled eggs with truffled bacon. They were SO creamy and perfect and simply amazing. We eat clean and healthy with proper portions 99% of the time…this was a time for the other 1%! When I transformed my life and lost 100 pounds I made sure to create a plan for myself that included enjoying life and celebrating with indulgent food from time to time.
As much as I love going out to indulge I also enjoy entertaining at home as well. When I do I try to make healthier snacks that everyone can enjoy – but not even know I’ve “healthified”!
I wanted to make a version of the amazing deviled eggs that were just as indulgent but a bit healthier. This version I made with luxurious smoked salmon, white truffle oil and goat cheese. You can also substitute nitrate free, organically raised bacon into yours if you wish. These are fun and easy, a bit retro and sure to be a hit for your next get together!
Makes 12 hors d’oeuvres
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half
¼ cup smoked salmon
2 Tb goat cheese
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
2 Tb fresh lemon juice
½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tb fresh chives, minced
1 tsp white truffle oil (optional)
1 pinch Kosher/sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Place the yolks from the hard boiled eggs into a bowl, set the whites aside. Add the remaining ingredients to the yolks and mash with the back of a fork until creamy. You can also place into a small food processor and pulse until creamy. Distribute the filling evenly among the egg whites. Refrigerate until needed, at least 30 minutes. You can do these the day before serving if you wish. Enjoy!
A personal chef and nutrition consultant that LOVES food, Kirsten transformed herself several years ago by shedding over 100 pounds. Passionate about helping others reach their goals also, she aims to inspire others to live a healthy, vibrant life. Kirsten is the lucky mom to 2 crazy kids and loving girlfriend to a busy entrepreneur. Follow Kirsten on Twitter: @mesadevida
* This post is from a Girl Power Hour featured blogger. It is not written, edited or endorsed by Girl Power Hour. The authors are solely responsible for content.
Before you leave a comment, be sure to sign up for a Gravatar.