Good morning ladies. Today I would like to discuss why it is often times better to work out at home vs. going to a gym. I have heard many complaints over the years regarding working out. Most people tell me that they don’t have enough time in the day to go to the gym. Well let me shed some light on the subject. You don’t need to go to a large fancy expensive gym, you can get the same results at home! However you must be willing to put down the TV remote and move away from the cocktails.
We all know we need to exercise, but did you know that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone should exercise at least 150 minutes per week? Sounds like a lot, but really that breaks down to 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. It’s not impossible. Doing your workout at home can make your path to fabulous fitness easier than you thought. To help illustrate my point I have put together a list of benefits to working out at home. Here it goes…
1) Cost- Working out at home means that there is not an expensive gym membership. No day care costs and additional hidden fees.
2) Convenience- It’s easier to pull out the yoga mat and throw it on the floor than it is to get in your car and drive to the gym. You are already home. Clear some floor space and start your pushups. Now go!
3) Customization- Only you know what you like and how you like to do it. Over time you can build an entire in-home gym based solely around the types of exercises that interest you and that you feel you are getting the most benefit from.
4) Appearance- Now this is not true for everyone. That being said it’s still true for many. I heard complaints time and time again that women do not want to go to the gym because of their body image. That they do not want to work out in front of a in thin woman or muscular man. Many women have told me that when they look thinner then they will go to the gym. Ok ladies I know we have all heard it, if we want to look more in shape; then you guessed it, get off your butt and start moving.
We are all women and we will always have some perceived flaw. That being said we are not helpless we can do something about it! We can all be fabulously fit women strong both inside and out!
Credits: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, www.Livestrong.com
Cameron Pasbrig writes “Fabulous Fitness,” a monthly blog for Girl Power Hour focusing on fabulous fitness trends, exercises, pre-post pregnancy fitness and all things fabulous! Cameron is a Women’s Fitness Specialist with Certification from the National Academy of Sports Medicine. Cameron also graduated from Arizona State University with a Degree in Liberal Studies. In May of 2012 Cameron launched Fabulous After Baby FAB an inhome personal training service. Cameron has worked with women of all ages helping them reach their fitness goals. She is passionate for health and is dedicated to her clients! She utilizes an individualized approach to help her ladies feel fit and fabulous! She is positive that her new blog will provide the readers with inspiring and interesting tips to help everyone feel fabulous! You can find her at www.FabInHomeTraining.com or @CameronPasbrig
* This post is from a Girl Power Hour featured blogger. It is not written, edited or endorsed by Girl Power Hour. The authors are solely responsible for content.
Before you leave a comment, be sure to sign up for a Gravatar.